Flexible and scalable
Benefit from all advantages of a flexible and scalable managed infrastructure
A modern managed infrastructure uses virtual IT systems, storage clusters, managed backup facilities and long-term archiving, and it opens up new dimensions for your IT in terms of flexibility and scalability. Our managed infrastructure services enable you to choose from various performance levels for these options which, of course, are secure, redundant and, if required, distributed across multiple data centers.
Your advantage: an infrastructure that gives you all the freedom you need and adapts exactly to your requirements – not only today, but also when requirements change.
Highly available vServer (virtual servers) systems running on enterprise platforms in noris network’s VMware® farms offer you scalable and highly performant resources. You can expand them to create setups of any desired complexity and extend in a flexible manner. To ensure operational safety at all times, a backup is retained for all Virtual Private Servers (VPS) at a different location.
Use the advantages of a VPS:
- Managed infrastructure services in premium quality. Your business services always execute in an optimally dimensioned infrastructure.
- Flexible resources: all vServers we offer are allocated dedicated RAM resources. For CPU-intensive applications (terminal servers, databases, etc.), we also offer vServers as a PowerVM with dedicated CPU vcores.
- Integration into customer-specific setups: our vServers can be flexibly integrated into your individual setups by applying VLAN technologies and virtual Ethernet interfaces.
- Fast system partitions for different operating systems: you are to free to choose between all commonly used operating systems. The system partitions are based on fast SAS drives, Ultra-SSD is also available for PowerVMs.
- Performant storage connectivity: the data storage is connected to a high-performance, fail-safe fiber channel network, allowing you to take full advantage of your vServers and PowerVMs. When it comes to storage systems, you can choose between different performance classes per vServer type.
- Relocation support: demonstrates the flexibility of our managed infrastructure services; if necessary, we can relocate your virtual servers to a different data center. The restart on exclusively reserved resources is based on daily snapshots.
- Daily, geographically distributed backups: we create backups every day at distributed sites. A restore operation is possible for complete vServers and on per-file basis.
With our Managed Storage Services, we provide scalable storage space on enterprise hardware with highly available storage clusters. We provide this service from location-distributed data centers and thus increase the availability of your volumes to a maximum.
You can use volumes from two performance classes for your setup:
- Mass storage: for applications with high storage demands
- Performance storage: For applications with high performance requirements
- Ultra-SSD storage: for extremely demanding performance and latency scenarios
Via our highly available and high-performance network infrastructure, the storages are connected to your setup via VLAN via CIFS or NFS. Another special feature of our managed storage products: As a premium service provider, we not only offer you storage volumes of different performance classes. We also assure you IOPS – the input-output operations per second – of the storage per terabyte. Only a basic fee is charged for the memory provided. You pay the full price when storing the data on the volume. If you are running software that is particularly performance-hungry in terms of storage, you can simply book IOPS. This is the solution for planning your business services.
Security benefits: You can create any number of snapshots for your data recovery strategy. So if you accidentally delete files, you can easily restore them afterwards. In order to protect your data, the discs are destroyed with certification if individual disks are defective.
Synchronous Managed Storage Cluster
In addition to our classic Managed Storage, we also offer a Managed Storage Synchronous Cluster. Volumes are provided on a synchronous cluster distributed over several data centers.
This combines array-based clustering with synchronous mirroring to ensure continuous availability without data loss. This means that the data is stored synchronously at both locations. If one location fails, the corresponding volume is still available and the connected setup continues to work without downtime.
These two highlights distinguish the synchronous storage:
- No downtime and data loss (RPO)
- Automatic failover at RTO under 120 seconds
For applications with the highest demands on availability and performance!
Contact our sales experts to learn more about the possibilities of using our Managed Storage Services.
In the worst case, the loss of important data or longer downtimes can endanger the company’s existence. With our Managed Backup Service we protect you from these consequences and offer you the possibility to secure your sensitive and important company data in our certified and highly secure data centers.
Managed Backup from noris is a stateful backup service that stores your data or databases encrypted to be backed up on a highly redundant, site-distributed system. This ensures that accidentally deleted or lost files can be reliably restored – independent of location, even in the event of a disaster.
Benefit from our know-how and make use of the following advantages:
- Protection against data loss, data theft and ransomware
- Highest data security through storage in certified and highly secure data centers in Germany
- Relieve your IT teams from routine tasks
- No investments for own backup environments
- Minimization of operating risks
- Easy backup and quick recovery of your data
What does backup mean?
Backup is the copying of physical or virtual files or databases to a secondary location for preservation in the event of a device failure or other problems. The backup process is critical to a successful Disaster Recovery (DR) plan.
Organizations back up data they consider vulnerable to corrupted software, data corruption, hardware failure, malicious hacking, user errors, or other unforeseen events. Backups capture and synchronize a point-in-time snapshot that is then used to restore data to its previous state.
Backup and recovery tests examine a company’s practices and technologies for data security and data replication. The aim is to ensure fast and reliable data retrieval when required. The process of retrieving backed up files is called file recovery.
The terms data protection and data protection are often used interchangeably, although data protection covers the overriding goals of business continuity, data security, information lifecycle management and the prevention of malware and computer viruses.
A backup process is applied to critical databases or related industry applications. The process is controlled by predefined backup policies that determine how often data is backed up and how many duplicates (so-called replicates) are required, as well as service level agreements (SLAs) that determine how quickly data must be recovered.
Best practices recommend full data protection at least once a week, often on weekends or outside business hours. To complement weekly full backups, organizations typically schedule a series of differential or incremental backup jobs that back up only data that has changed since the last full backup.
Data archiving from noris based on FAST LTA technology solves the problems that arise with the long-term archiving of large amounts of data when using tape libraries. The data is stored 3-fold redundant on WORM bricks. These bricks are memory storage with SSDs from three different charges. This ensures that the data can be read reliably – even over very long periods of time.
By using SSDs, the performance is many times higher than with tape libraries. Thus it is also possible to handle very large amounts of data. The storage, retrieval and recovery of data is no longer a problem.
After the expiry of the storage period, the bricks can be handed over to the customer on request. You always retain full control over your data. Due to the WORM architecture, the tray is revision-proof and auditable. This ensures that you can meet compliance guidelines at all time. Thus, as a customer you will receive the appropriate infrastructure to meet the requirements of GDPR
This post is also available in: German