Powerful and available
Own 48 Tbps backbone for maximum performance and availability
With our own international 4Tbps backbone, we implement the networking of your locations and data centers or ensure the secure and highly performant connection of your systems to the Internet. Based on links connecting to the most important peering points in Europe, there are no limits in terms of performance and availability of your systems.
Your benefits from managed desktop services provided by noris network:
- All options:
- Internet access
- Layer 2/3 site networking (e.g. MPLS)
- Encryption (IPsec-VPN)
- Extension through managed security services
- No bandwidths limitations
- Flexible traffic tariffs
- Carrier-neutral links
- Routing over separate paths if so requested
- 100% redundancy
- Cost-optimized networking solution through free carrier selection
We connect your sites at bandwidths ranging from 2 Mbps to several 100 Gbps using a wide variety of WAN technologies. Also on disjunct and redundant paths if so requested.
Enterprise Internet Access
We organize Internet access for your company. Whether head office, store or branch office, we create the network for your business. Benefit from our decades of experience for business customers in the enterprise segment. You will receive public IP addresses. This provides you with an officially routable IP address range (IPv4 and/or IPv6).
This is how we guarantee you a particularly powerful and reliable enterprise Internet access::
- noris network is present at all important Internet nodes (Internet eXchange) (N-IX; INXS; DE-CIX; VIX; LINX; BIX).
- Via our upstream partners (KPN, Init7, Level3, DTAG, TINET) you can also reach networks without a connection to an Internet Exchange (Full Table Routing).
LAN solutions for customer sites: your network provided by professionals
Networks have always been among noris network’s core competences. Have your network managed by our experienced specialists. From design to procurement, test, setup and (24/7) operation through to security: we assume all the tasks that are associated with a professional network at your location. Even proper WLAN coverage of the building is taken over by our experts through optimal placement and dimensioning of the WLAN access points. In our central monitoring, we record all capacity parameters and can make adjustments to your configuration as required. If a fault occurs, our operations team will be informed immediately and take care of the problem within the SLAs. Whenever changes are made within the organization, an intelligent VLAN configuration and the centralized administration of user information via RADIUS ensure the least possible modification effort and an efficient change management. If an attacker attempts to gain access to the network, such attacks will be prevented effectively by applying 802.1x mechanisms.
Have your network managed by our experienced specialists benefit from the following advantages:
- Everything from a single source! From procurement to operations and protection of the entire network
- Reduced operating costs through intelligent allocation of VLANs based on user information
- Centralized monitoring and alarming for smooth operation, troubleshooting, and capacity management
- Operation by certified specialists based on auditable processes
- Highest security and performance levels through the use of enterprise components and state-of-the-art network designs
Contact us, we will be happy to advise you on our secure Busniess LAN solutions! We are also happy to inform you about WLAN, Internet, IP addresses or the choice of the right router.
Site networking – simple, safe and efficient
You want your teams to be networked quickly, reliably and securely? Smooth communication for close and productive cooperation is important to you so that you can save time and money? Then use the powerful and reliable Ethernet Connect products from noris.
Ethernet Connect connects your locations quickly and easily at extremely high speeds and bandwidths of up to 10 Gbps. The connection of the local networks via Ethernet interface is simple and cost-saving. Your previously separate LANs can be combined into one large logical network. You can build enterprise-wide voice and data networks with distributed locations without having to change your LAN structure.
You can choose between the variants E-LAN, E-VLAN and E-Line:
- E-LAN and E-VLAN are multi-point services for dedicated, multi-site connections. Each User-Network-Interface (UNI) can communicate with any other UNI connected to the Ethernet service.
- Unlike E-LAN, E-VLAN allows multiple VLANs to be used via the same Ethernet Connect.
- E-Line is a point-to-point service for cross-location connections. This allows static point-to-point connections with fixed bandwidth between two customer interfaces to be set up.
Ethernet Connect is available throughout Germany and is managed via the noris backbone and permanently monitored by our Network Operation Center. No matter which Ethernet Connect variant or data transfer rate you choose, you always pay a fixed monthly price, regardless of how much data volume you transfer or how often you use your line. And should you require a higher transmission rate later, then simply contact us.
The advantages of Ethernet Connect at a glance:
- Dedicated bandwidth and high security – ideal for site coupling, VoIP and real-time applications
- Transparent layer 2 connections ensure particularly high performance
- Flexible adaptation of network services to changing requirements
- Highest transmission quality and low latency
- High availability due to a fast, automatic replacement circuit in the noris backbone
- Uncomplicated integration into existing networks
- Low operating costs and monthly fixed price
Layer 1 Line with dedicated bandwidth
With the Layer 1 line from noris network you receive a managed connection between two of our computer centres for point-to-point bit transmission. We provide you with a secure bandwidth and guarantee you short loading times. We can offer you a Layer 1 connection within a city, but also between two cities.
Double Direct Interconnect between Nuremberg and Munich
Between our two data centers Nürnberg Süd and München Ost, we offer the Double Direct Interconnect, a Layer 1 encrypted ethernet connection with fiber protection. This means that if the primary fiber is damaged or destroyed, the system automatically switches to an alternative, node- and edge-disjoint fiber.
- Maintenance redundancy with optional redundant physical interface
- Very low latency:
- First path (“western path”): < 2.1 ms
- Second path (“eastern path”): < 3.2 ms
- Possibility of handover at the end devices in your rack
Your advantages with the Layer 1 connection at a glance:
- Highest security through a dedicated connection
- High availability due to the possibility of a redundant connection
- Dedicated bandwidths and low, assured latency times
- Flexible bandwidth options as requested
- Supports fast disaster recovery
noris cloud Connect
Benefit from flexible and powerful connections
Utilize the full potential of hybrid systems. Benefit from flexible and powerful connections to scalable and automatable cloud infrastructures in your existing setup.
noris cloud Connect makes it easy to establish a powerful connection from your existing infrastructures to the noris cloud. In this way remote locations with dedicated lines can also be connected to the noris cloud. Since the connection is not routed via the public Internet, noris cloud Connect offers more security, reliability, faster speeds and lower latencies than typical Internet connections.
Your advantages with noris cloud Connect at a glance:
- Maximum saftey due to redundant connections, optimized network technology and continuous performance
- Cost-effective connection of your legacy systems to the noris cloud with all important functions of the OpenStack technology
- Data security in the noris cloud through operation in our certified, highly secure and high-performance german data centers
- Flexible scalability to meet your requirements optimally
- Integration of existing systems at noris, customer sites and data centers with the noris cloud via the noris high-performance backbone
- Seamless migration or integration of legacy systems into the noris cloud
Let our experts advise you – we will be happy to help you!
The gate to the Public Cloud – Take advantage of the best of all worlds!
Cloud Interconnect is a tailor-made service for your secure and fast access to a public cloud provider. You can set up secure and high-performance VLAN interconnections between your existing systems and various cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure and easily implement hybrid concepts with your infrastructure or cloud systems in our high-security data centers.
In the context of digital transformation, the challenges to align existing legacy systems and high data protection requirements with modern cloud infrastructures are growing faster and faster. Often the solution for a seamless transition is a hybrid system landscape. With Cloud Interconnect you have the ideal solution for this challenge.
Benefit from our many years of experience and benefit from the following advantages:
- Simple implementation of hybrid cloud concepts
- Cost savings: Elimination of port fees at the Hyperscale Cloud provider
- Highest availability due to redundant connections, optimized network technology and continuous bandwidth
- Low latency, high data throughput and flexible bandwidths from 50 Mbps to 10 Gbps
- Redundant Layer 2 network infrastructure – flexible and scalable
- Seamless migration or integration of legacy systems into the cloud
A worldwide Content Delivery Network brings you closer to your customer
A CDN is a global network of edge locations, each of which containing a multitude of edge nodes bundled in server farms. The edge locations are geographically distributed in the USA, Asia, South America and Australia and therefore nearby your potential online customers.
DNS and GeoIP databases are responsible for determination of the CDN edge location nearest to the user. If the requested website objects are cached here, they are instantly delivered to the user.
On-the-fly Site Transformation supports a faster rendering of websites on the end device. For example, image files are automatically compressed by about 60 to 80% without a visible decrease in quality.
Mobile Site Acceleration optimizes both static and dynamic web content for end devices and browsers. As a result you achieve faster visualization of content leading to a considerably better user experience.
CDN Origin Pull
Selection of the geographically nearest edge location is realized through DNS by pointing your domain to a CNAME of the CDN. During the CNAME domain name resolution the end-user’s IP address is taken into account and the IP of the optimal edge location is determined. If a web file is not cached on an edge location it will be requested from the origin server via HTTP(S), cached and then delivered to the end-user’s browser. This automated process is also called CDN Origin Pull.
The duration files remain in cache can be managed by so-called Cache Controls within the header of the webpage. A web-based easy-to-use interface allows for a selective invalidation of cache content in order to force new file requests from the origin server. Using this method you can publish new content instantly without waiting for the files to expire from the cache after the set duration.
Requests for dynamic or interactive content (web forms, login fields etc.) are forwarded by the edge server to the origin server. To optimize latencies between the edge location of one region and the origin you can distribute your origin servers to our colocations in Singapore, Shanghai and Moscow, more specifically replicate your data to the particular server locations.
Dynamic Site Acceleration
The goal of this technology is an improvement in user-experience by various optimizing methods. This is accomplished especially by a faster website rendering depending on the end device and browser. When a browser establishes a connection to a CDN node there are also optimizations applied on network level in order to improve the handling regarding packet loss and occurrence of congestion. Persistent connections and HTTP multiplexing are further methods to improve loading times.
These On-the-fly modules for device- and browser-specific optimization of web content operate in two phases. When initially requested the website is loaded from the origin server and transformed into a so-called Acceleration Template. This template is prepared in real-time for the particular browsers and end devices. Image objects are scaled according to the necessary resolution, formatted and specifically compressed by optimized algorithms (JPG for IE, WebP for Chrome).
User-defined SSL certificates
Content can be transmitted via HTTPS with the use of your own domain name and SSL certificate. All common types of certificates such as Single Domain, Wildcard, SAN or Extended Validation are supported.
Video-on-Demand and Media-Streaming
The On-Demand Streaming Platform supports Progressive Download as well as the Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP). In contrast to Progressive Download, for streaming via RTMP, the video file has to be uploaded manually to an FTP staging server in the CDN. It will then be automatically distributed to various edge locations.
An Overview of the benefits of a CDN
- Faster loading times with lower latencies and higher data transfer rates accomplished by 50 world-wide distributed edge locations
- Cost reduction, as capacities of the origin servers do not have to be reserved for data traffic peaks
- Improved user-experience because of various optimization methods of dynamic site acceleration
- Protection from DDoS attacks accomplished by control mechanisms at the edge locations on network- and application-level
This post is also available in: German